We’ve heard many reports, rumors, speculations, and theories regarding the MacBook Air 2018, but we still have yet to see it. With that being said, let’s review everything we know so far about the said device, shall we?
The Release Date
Back in May of 2017, a published article at Bloomberg noted that Apple has considered updating the aging 13-inch MacBook Air because sales of the said device remained surprisingly strong. Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo then claimed in early 2018 that the Cupertino company will introduce a new model of the MacBook Air in the second quarter of 2018 which many believed that it will be on the WWDC 2018. But as you may have already known, Apple only focused on software, leaving everyone hoping to see the new model heartbroken.
However, there is another rumor on why the said device was a no-show. According to an article at Mac World, we may have to wait until the second half of 2018 for MacBook Air 2018 and that the 13-inch MacBook isn’t expected to ship until the third quarter. It is being speculated that the reason for the delay is because there is a problem which might be the processor.
The Price Tag
As for the price tag for the MacBook Air 2018, there isn’t much to say. So far, all rumors point out that it could be lower than $999. In fact, aside from claiming that Apple is going to update the MacBook Air, Kuo also claimed that the Cupertino Company will reduce its price.
A New Entry or a Reboot?
Many are wondering if the MacBook Air 2018 will be a new entry-level MacBook which will be part of the MacBook lineup or a reboot to the MacBook Air. There’s even a theory that the company might bring back the iBook name to use for this new cheaper Mac. Furthermore, there’s also another theory that Apple will discontinue the MacBook Air and that it will be replaced by MacBook.
But given that there has been no official announcement made by the Cupertino company regarding this matter, no one can really tell for sure. All is left for speculation despite the “clues” that many points out.
Design, Specs, And Features
Now comes the exciting part. The 2018 MacBook Air is said to have:
- It could possibly feature a Retina display screen – This is according to reports stating that LG is set to begin production of screens for a new 13.3in MacBook with a resolution of 2,560 by 1,600 pixels.
- It will either be packed with Intel’s latest eight-generation processor or the same type of Intel processors that the MacBook uses — the Core M series.
- It could come with a built-in LTE connectivity.
- It will feature USB-C/Thunderbolt ports.
- It could feature Touch ID and Force Touch – this is assuming that the Air model line-up isn’t discontinued.
- It could have a “foldable” feature. This is based on a report last month by Patently Apple where the Cupertino company filed patent focusing on a new MacBook clamshell design with a laser cut flex hinge
So do you guys think that MacBook Air 2018 will be released this year? Also, what about the theory of it being named as iBook instead? Do share your thoughts and opinions in the comment below.
- [Source] : 73buzz