OnePlus is rolling out the new update for it’s latest smartphones OnePlus 3 and 3T featuring Android 7.0 Nougat. This update hasn’t been released worldwide so you might not be getting this update on your OnePlus 3 or 3T.
Well, there is a simple trick to grab this update right now on your phone. This is a huge update so you might be connected to your Wi-Fi network so you can download it without error or connection drop.
This update will upgrade your OnePlus 3 or 3T to Android 7.0 Nougat with some bug fix like proximity fix and more.Although, it’s an official update but to be on a safe side make sure to backup your important data just in case. And make sure to charge your phone before confirming the update which might take some time and use up a lot of battery juice.
This trick is super easy and all you have to do is spoof the location of your device to Canada or Germany and you’ll receive the OTA Android update.
- Download any VPN app on your OnePlus 3 or 3T. We used Opera VPN, you can use TunnelBear if Opera VPN doesn’t work for you.
- open the VPN app and spoof the location of your smartphone to Canada or Germany.
- Now, go to Settings > System Updates and check for a new update. You’ll see a new update show up there, do not start the download now.
- Go to VPN app again and turn it off, then start the download so you’ll get the right download speed.
If the VPN method is not working for you then you have to update your OnePlus 3 or 3T manually using the update file.
- Download the update file according to your smartphone and save it in the root directory.
OnePlus 3 running OxygenOS 3.2.8
- Go to Settings > System Updates and tap the settings icon, select the Local Upgrade option.
- The updater app will detect the update file and start the update process.
- Confirm it and the phone will reboot automatically to start the update process.
There will be no visual changes in this update but you’ll see all the features of Android 7.0 Nougat on your phone. If you find any difficulty installing this update on your phone then use the comment section for all your queries. And do tell us how you like this new update on your OnePlus 3 or 3T with all the new features. Source: pc-tablet.co.in